Youth Empowerment for Peer Leadership Growth
Time & Location
About the Workshop:
Here, you will discover the secret of success behind many individuals which in turn will be helpful to create your own desired future. There will also be many hands on activities to discover your natural talents and gifts. You will be guided to write a personal mission for yourself that will eventually enable you to work towards your dreams.
There are many ways to go about a same goal. If plan A doesn’t work then there is Plan B to Z. There will be nine guiding principles shared with you by the trainer which will help you to learn how to take action to improve access to resources and transform your awareness to shape yours and many others lives to make a difference.
Learn to see yourself as important! Young adults like you are not only the leaders of tomorrow but the leaders of today. When individuals like you are empowered, the society becomes a good place for all to live.
After this course, you will be able to:
• Know how to gain motivations through achievements and motivate others;
• Find your purpose and take steps to move closer to your goal.
• Strengthen relationships with people from all walks of life;
• Learn how to listen empathetically and deliver constructive feedback;
• Facilitate and empower a diverse group of people.
• Understanding what is youth empowerment
• What results youth empowerment can offer
• Levels youth empowerment can progress to
• Nine guiding principles for attaining success in life
• Short bursts of sharing sessions;
• Interactive activities and practice sessions;
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for all young people (15 to 35 years of age) who want to empower themselves and others so as to make a difference in another’s life or community.
About the Trainer
Su, our principle Trainer of 1 Aaple of Newton is a MOE registered instructor and conducts life skills trainings and enrichment workshops in schools and organisations. She started her career as a Combat Technician with the Singapore Navy and worked in a Singapore Warship at the Tuas Naval Base. After 3 years, she left the force to join the private sector and headed a Mechanical Calibration Section for a year at Setsco Services Pte. Ltd. Later, she joined Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore and worked with the public service for 10 years. Su handled diverse portfolios and that included corporate trainings. She was also appointed as one of IRAS Gallery Ambassadors to share the Singapore story whenever foreign delegates visited the IRAS Gallery.
Su completed her Bachelors in Business Administration and ACTA while juggling work. She believes in giving back and thus volunteers her time for many good causes. Su has also undertook personalised training from Brian Lee who is an experienced news broadcaster. This was to sharpen her presentation skills to prepare herself to train professionally. She left her senior position as an Organisation Excellence Officer in recent times to pursue her passion and has since been empowering others.
In Partnership with
Redeem offer at Waterloo Centre. Address will be emailed once reservation is made.
What you get: Outline of Programme:
- Activities to induce happiness and relaxation
- Mindful breathing using sound of own voice and / or laughter exercise
- Discovery on what makes you happy/ visualisation exercise
- Eyeball exercise to improve vision coordination
- Brain gym exercise to warm up the brain muscles
- Games that stimulate positive behaviour, values, team work, and leadership (different every session)
- Dynamic story with interaction. This will place emphasis on confidence, critical thinking, positivity, and importance of breathing correctly in stressful situations. e.g. exams. (different every session)
- Valid 1.30pm – 3.30pm on:
- Dec 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 2017 (all slots booked)
- Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, 2018
- Feb 3, 10, 17, 24, 2018
- Tickets are valid for one time entry only.
- Not valid with on-going promotions or discounts.
- Valid for child aged 5 to 14 years old
- Maximum 12 children per class to ensure that all children are given quality attention.
- Reservation required at least 2 days in advance.
- Email email@example.com with:
- Name and age of child
- Name and contact number of parent or guardian
- Preferred date(s) of workshop
- Fave voucher code
- Attached screenshot of Fave voucher
- Present your Fave voucher (it’s under the ‘Me’ tab) at the class.